The FCD Young Scholars Program (YSP) supports policy- and practice-relevant research on the development and learning needs of the nation's young children growing up under conditions of poverty and low-income. FCD believes that early learning is a solid first step towards lifelong development and that promoting research in this area, conducted in a holistic and culturally sensitive manner, will help address the disparities in children's outcomes.
YSP encourages applications from scholars who are:
- From historically disadvantaged or underrepresented groups, e.g. first-generation college graduates, and those from low-income communities.
- Scholars who represent a variety of disciplines and methods, given that mental, physical, health, social, economic, institutional, and community factors impact early learning and child development.
Eligible researchers will have received their doctoral degrees (e.g., Ph.D., J.D., Ed.D., Psy.D., M.D.) within seven years of application submission. Ten years for physician applicants.
To view additional eligibility criteria, research focus and for more information about applying to the YSP please download the full YSP Guidelines.
- The online LOI process will close at Noon ET on Friday, May 9, 2014. LOIs submitted prior to the deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and if approved, may be given early access to the online full Application process. - Apply Now
- Approximately June 2014 – Latest notification of LOI status
- The online full Application process will close at Noon ET on Wednesday, July 9, 2014
- No later than the end of January 2015 – Notification of full Application status