The 2010 annual release of the FCD Child Well-Being Index (CWI) is the first report to offer comprehensive data on the impact of the Great Recession on American children's quality-of-life.
The 2010 CWI finds:
- The impact of the recession on children is reaching new lows in 2010.
- The recession will wipe out virtually all progress for children since 1975, in the Family Economic Well-being Domain.
- The rate of children living in poverty in 2010 will be the highest in 20 years.
- the number of detached youth will increase in 2010.
- Risky behaviors will increase in 2010.
- Child obesity will continue to rise, bringing down the Health Domain.